Steel & Metal
Steel & Metal
Enable cutting-edge technology, ease-of-use, and dependability via our non-contact temperature sensors and solutions.
Increasing quality standards and higher energy costs demand more accurate and consistent temperature control in steel and metal making processes.
With more than 50 years of experience in temperature measurement using light-based technologies, Advanced Energy's extensive selection of infrared solutions are developed specifically for high-temperature applications in the steel and primary metals industries.
Steel (and other metal) manufacturing consists of high-temperature manufacturing steps that use significant amounts of energy. Processes such as coke oven heating, continuous casting, furnace reheating, hot rolling, and forging are becoming more expensive. You need the right tools to ensure you optimize energy usage across your manufacturing operations.
Rely on a company with proven success creating efficiencies through light-based measurement.
Advanced Energy's thermal imagers and pyrometers provide cutting-edge technology, ease-of-use, and dependability for monitoring critical parameters for productivity and product quality. Use these solutions throughout the metals manufacturing process, where accurate temperature monitoring is necessary for improved control.
- Protective enclosures designed to protect thermal imagers provide remote monitoring in real-time
- Broad selection of pyrometers with features designed specifically for high-temperature metals and steel processing
- Pyrometers use short wavelengths (near-infrared) for higher accuracy and trusted measurements
- Ratio pyrometers are ideal for applications with steam, smoke, and dust
- Industry-leading software available for both pyrometers and thermal imaging systems