Power Supplies for Patient Monitoring
Remote patient monitoring, also referred to as remote physiologic monitoring, is the use of digital technologies to monitor and capture medical and other health data from patients and electronically transmit this information to healthcare providers for assessment and, when necessary, recommendations and instructions. Applications include hemodialysis, infusion pump, ECG machines and monitors.
Advanced Energy’s wide range of products, both internal and external, guarantee that the right power solution can be found to enable reliable operation of the monitoring device. Coupled with Advanced Energy’s incomparable support during the customer design phase ensures a quick integration of the power into the end device.
Trends in the Patient Monitoring world Include:
- Increasing number of people needing hospital care due to recent pandemic have increased the usage of and need for more monitoring devices, ventilators etc.
- Networking of devices to caregiver to monitor is increasingly prevalent.
- Patients needed to be able to use the device at home .
- Increased need for network connectivity and other hospitals and clinic used therapeutic devices for more efficient patient care. (unsure of this point, don’t understand it)
- As patient monitoring systems become more mobile, battery charging and communications modules have become a critical part of the draw on a patient monitoring power supply.
- Direct intervention with therapists is costly, increasing the need for devices that are user friendly and cost effective.
Advanced Energy offers the industry’s widest portfolio of standard power products and technology building blocks combined with dedicated worldwide engineering resources ensure that we can meet all of your Medical system power needs.
What We Power
- On Board Control
- Isolation Converters
- Fiber-Bragg Sensing