Temperature Measurement Products
Impac IN 6/78
Accurate, Rugged, and Reliable Pyrometers for Non-Contact Temperature Measurement, 150 to 1100°C
Advanced Energy's Impac IN 6/78-L and IN 6/78-H are specially designed pyrometers for non-contact temperature measurement of thin glass sheets.
- Temperature Ranges:
- IN 6/78-L: 400 to 1100°C
- IN 6/78-H: 150 to 800°C
- Measurement of ultra-thin glass sheets with less than 1 mm thickness
- Easy installation and maintenance due to compact, rugged IP65 stainless steel housing designed for harsh environments
- Specially designed and coated high-end optics for high accuracy and excellent size of source effects
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Impac® IN 6/78 pyrometer is designed specifically for non-contact temperature measurements on thin glass surfaces in ranges between 150 and 1100°C. The special 7.8 μm wavelength makes it possible to accurately and reliably measure glass sheets below 1 mm thickness (ultra-thin glass).
The version IN 6/78-L is equipped with optics with a better field of view for the measurement of small objects. The high-speed version IN 6/78-H has a shorter exposure time of only 30 ms and is suited for fast-measuring tasks.
- Achieve high accuracy with the fully digital core sensor design
- Easily integrate with a small, stainless steel housing
- Connect to a PC via RS485 to USB connection for further analysis
- Use in ambient temperature up to 70°C without cooling
- Anti-reflective lens created with semiconductor material to reduce environmental sensitivity
- Multiple onboard digital and analog interfaces for direct and fast PLC communication
- Adjustable emissivity (10 to 125%) and transmittance (10 to 100%) in steps of 0.1%
- Adjustable subrange
Select specifications are shown below. Please see product data sheet for additional specifications.
400 to 1100°C
150 to 800°C
Adjustable to any range within the temperature range, minimum span is 51°C
7.8 μm, FWHM 0.6 μm
0.7% of reading or 3.5°C, whatever is greater, in °C
ε = 1, t90 = 1 s, Tamb. = 44°C
At ε = 1, t90 = 1 s
Exposure Time t90
IN 6/78-L: 80 ms
IN 6/78-H: 30 ms
Adjustable to 0.5 s, 1 s, 2 s, 5 s, 10 s, 30 s
10 to 125%, adjustable in steps of 0.1%
10 to 100%, adjustable in steps of 0.1%
IN 6/78-L: Fixed optics (a = 370 mm)
IN 6/78-H: Fixed optics (a = 350 mm)
Distance Ratio (FOV)
IN 6/78-L: 75:1 (minimum 5 mm)
IN 6/78-H: 50:1 (minimum 7 mm)
Interface and Communication
0 to 20 mA or 4 to 20 mA (linear)
IP 65 IEC 60529 (value in mated condition)
0 to 70°C (32 to 158°F)
-20 to 80°C (-4 to 176°F)
0.410 kg (0.91 lb)
According to EU directives about electromagnetical immunity
24 VDC (18 to 30 VDC) nominal, ripple must be less than 0.5 V
Maximum 50 mA
Maximum 500 Ω
Power supply, analog outputs, and digital interfaces are electrically isolated from each other
- Measurement of ultra-thin glass sheets
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).