Temperature Measurement Products
Infrared Camera System for Continuous Reformer Tube Monitoring and Temperature Measurement Inside Furnaces
Advanced Energy's FurnaceSpection system provides real-time continuous temperature measurement to identify process abnormalities inside high-temperature furnaces in refining, metals, and glass production processes. It measures the temperature of product, refractory, and heat transfer surfaces inside natural gas-fired furnaces.
- Accurate 640 x 480 focal-plane array thermal imaging camera with sensitivity of 0.06°C
- Boroscope optics filtered at 0.85 μm wavelength to view through combustion gas and flames
- Rugged IP66, air or water cooled (SD), protective enclosure
- Standard (SD) with auto-retraction and Mobile (MB) versions available
- Radiometrically calibrated
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The FurnaceSpection™ system helps you quickly and accurately identify process abnormalities to prevent unplanned outages. Monitor and control process temperature uniformity through streaming images and powerful software that is also ideal for analysis and historical trending. Digital and analog outputs are available to broadcast images of your plant’s local network.
For petrochemical reformers, FurnaceSpection ensures tubes perform optimally and helps extend their life cycles. In metal annealing applications, use FurnaceSpection cameras to reduce cycle times and improve quality and process repeatability.
In addition to standard (SD) and mobile (MB) versions, customized solutions are available to meet specific application needs.
- Monitor and control process temperature uniformity through real-time streaming images
- Identify process abnormalities before they develop into problems and unplanned outages
- Reduce cycle times and improve quality and process repeatability
- Measure temperature of product, refractory, and heat transfer surfaces
- Record and analyze data to optimize processes
- Advanced software with simultaneous acquisition from multiple cameras and advanced analytics
- Complete system integration with installation support
- Stainless steel lens with air cooling or optional water cooling (SD)
600 to 1800°C (1112 to 3272°F) or
800 to 2200°C (1472 to 3992°F) (water-cooled only)
Image Update Rate
60 fps (60 Hz)
640 x 480 silicon based
Field of View (FOV)
55° H x 41° V or 72° H x 54° V
Sapphire window tip with air purge shield
Air cooled: 42 mm (1.65 in)
Water cooled: 42 mm (1.65 in)
Number of Cameras
Up to 20 with a single controller (at 1 fps)
Field Switch Cabinet
NEMA 4 / IP65 enclosure with Ethernet switch
Connection to Control Room
Multi-mode or single mode fiber
Up to 60°C (140°F)
~10.43 kg (23 lb)
Weld or bolt on mounting plates (SD version)
110 to 240 VAC, two 15 Amp Lines to support six cameras
All cabinets/panels are NEMA 4 / IP65
15 cfm at 100 psi at the camera
20 cfm at 20 psi for the lens
Water-cooled versions do not require an air supply.
- Reformer monitoring
- Annealing furnaces
- Dome and blast furnace
- Glass melting furnace
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Documents & SupportView All FurnaceSpection Accessories
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.