SCR Power Controllers
Advanced Power Controller Supports ±0.5% Operating Resolution and Loads Up to 2900 A
Built for demanding thermal applications, our high-performance Thyro-PX SCR power controller supports multiple operating voltages and control modes.
- Large 2.8 in (71.1 mm) LED graphic display with integrated process data recorder and SD card
- Digital and analog I/O options, with integrated memory for error tracking and energy consumption
- Mains-load optimization features dynamic digital control and power monitoring
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
50 years of experience are infused in the Thyro-PX® series’ design and functionality. The SCR power controller is available in single-, dual-, and three-phase units, supports voltages from 184 to 690 V and 16 to 2900 A, and offers superior interface options. Integrate modes seamlessly with a 2.8-inch, LED Thryo-Touch display. And enable efficient system parameters, loading, and storage (up to six process parameters) via an on-board SD-card. Thyro-PX power controller is ideally suited for your transformer and resistive loads for glass, metal, and ceramic manufacturing. It is optimal for heating elements in electric furnaces.
- Minimize peak kVA demand via MoSi and TAKT load management
- Precisely regulate power, including load management, for optimal control and energy consumption
- Customize faults, alarms, status, limits, and set points to easily integrate with existing control systems
- Intuitively set up and commission using an integrated touch-screen display
- 32-bit micro, 1.5 M measurements per sec, and 15-bit resolution, better than 0.5% accuracy
- Integrated mains-load optimization (dASM) with digital control
- Integrated soft starting for operation with downstream transformer
- Integrated Thyro-Touch display
- Seamless integration to Rockwell Automation® Studio5000® automation software via available add-on profiles (AOPs); simplify setup and commissioning using predefined tags
Resistive, transformer, and loads with large Rwarm/Rcold up to factor 20
Up to 690 V
Up to 2900 A
47 to 63 Hz
Option Available: Integrated semiconductor fuses
USB interface with Thyro-Tool Software
TAKT, VAR, VSC_VAR
CE, UL 508 (8 – 350A), Canadian C22.2 No. 14
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Within the U.S.:
800.446.9167 (option 2)
Outside the U.S.:
+1.970.221.0108 (option 2)
230 to 690 V
230, 400, or 500 V
230 to 600 V
24 to 600 V
5 to 2900 A
8 to 350 A
8 to 1500 A
16 to 1500 A
2.8 in (71.1 mm) LED