- High Voltage Products
- High Voltage Power Supplies
- Mass Spectrometry Power Supplies
- MSP Series
High Voltage Products
Ultra-Low Ripple, Multi-Purpose, Precision Mass Spectrometry Power Supplies
The MSP series is a range of multi-purpose, low ripple, unipolar, precision mass spectrometry power supplies, ideal for use in sample ionization, mass filter, and ion detector applications.
- Max Output Voltage/Power: 20 kV/10 W
- Ripple: < 4 ppm (5 kV unit)
- Control Interface: Analog
- Temperature Coefficient: 25 ppm/°C (Optional 10 ppm/°C)
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
Advanced Energy’s MSP series features high-stability, unipolar source modules that perform reliably in short-circuit or arc conditions. They deliver positive or negative output voltages. And you can use an internal potentiometer, external voltage, or external potentiometer to set.
The modular design of our high voltage products enables advanced performance features. From simple options, such as cable length and connector type, to complete custom designs, our solutions can expertly fulfill your specific requirements.
- Ensure the best resolution via low ripple
- Deliver consistent performance over extended periods of operation with low drift
- Reduce system integration costs with robust design and input-signal-noise tolerance
- Meet specific mass spectrometry requirements with a small high voltage power supply
- Achieve high reliability and performance
- Choice of four different models; customer-defined derivatives upon request
- Ultra-low ripple (as low as 10 mV)
- Input DC noise rejection filter
- Modular design; available with either positive or negative output polarity
- Efficient and reliable operation
1 to 20 kV
10 W max, depending on model
< 4 ppm (5 kV unit)
25 ppm/°C (Optional 10 ppm/°C)
+24 VDC ±10%
1 A max, depending on model
Operating Temperature Range
10 to 50°C (50 to 122°F)
Storage Temperature Range
-20 to +85°C (-4 to 185°F)
80% max relative humidity up to 31°C (88°F), reducing linearly to 50% at 40°C (104°F), non-condensing
W x D x H
MSP-502: 147 x 98 x 47 mm3 (5.8 x 3.9 x 1.9 in3)
MSP-103, MSP-153: 200 x 98 x 47 mm3 (7.9 x 3.9 x 1.9 in3)
MSP-203: 210 x 120 x 46 mm3 (8.3 x 3.9 x 1.9 in3)
MSP-102, MSP-252, MSP-502: 0.8 kg (1.8 lb)
MSP-103, MSP-153: 1.4 kg (3.75 lb)
MSP-203: 1.6 kg (4.3 lb)
10-way connector, control via internal or external potentiometer
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).