- Temperature Measurement Products
- Glass Applications Pyrometers
- Impac IS 50-LO/GL
Temperature Measurement Products
Impac IS 50-LO/GL
Digital Infrared Thermometer with Fiber Optics, 600 to 1800°C
Advanced Energy's Impac IS 50-LO/GL is a specially designed pyrometer for temperature measurement in glass applications.
- Adjustable temperature ranges between 600 and 1800°C
- Robust fiber optic cable (up to 30 m) with a quick-release optical head
- Ambiance up to 250°C without cooling
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Impac® IS 50-LO/GL digital pyrometer is primarily used for temperature measurement of glass in tanks, working-end forehearths, and feeder applications. It also can be used for brickwork temperature measurement in regenerators and tanks.
The IS 50-LO/GL uses the two-wire technique. It combines the high accuracy of digital signal processing with the simple connection and operation of two wires.
The instrument includes a robust fiber optic cable (length up to 30 m). This enables the use in ambient temperatures up to 250°C without cooling.
- Achieve high accuracy due to output digital linearization
- Select from different sighting tubes (ceramic or Inconel) to optimally adapt to applications
- Operate the instrument in ambient temperatures up to 250°C without cooling
- Easily install by separating the optical head and converter from the fiber optic
- Adjustable emissivity directly on the device
- Adjustable response time and subrange via interface
- Optional integrated air purge with Inconel or ceramic sighting tubes
- Standard fiber optic cable of 5 m with optional lengths available: 10, 15, and 30 m
Select specifications are shown below. Please see product data sheet for additional specifications.
600 to 1800°C
Any range adjustable within the measuring range, minimum range 51°C
0.8 to 1.1 µm
<1500°C: ±0.3% of measured value in °C +1°C
>1500°C: ±0.5% of measured value in °C +1°C
0.1% of measured value in °C +1°C
Exposure Time t90
250 ms, adjustable up to 10 s; ex works adjusted to 1 s
0.05 to 1.00; adjustable
One fixed optic
Distance Ratio (FOV)
110:1 (min. 9 mm)
Interface and Communication
4 to 20 mA, temperature linear
Service interface RS232
Emissivity, test signal 12 mA
Additional Parameters via Interface: Measuring range, response time
IP65 with mounted cable
0 to 70°C at the housing
0 to 250°C at the optical head
-20 to 70°C
Stainless steel (optical head)
L x W x H
125 x 80 x 57 mm ( without plug)
112 x 22 mm (optical head)
According to EU directives about electromagnetical immunity
24 V DC ± 25%, ripple max. 50 mV
700 Ohm at 24 V power supply
Glass temperature measurement in:
Brickwork temperature measurement:
- Tank side walls
- tank roofs
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).