Temperature Measurement Products
Infrared Camera System for Continuous Pilot Flame and Flare Stack Monitoring
Advanced Energy's FlareSpection system provides pilot flame monitoring for applications with multiple flare tips. You can confirm flare operation remotely and detect differences in flare stack heat signatures.
- Continuous, remote, and automatic monitoring of pilot flames and flared gases
- High resolution 640 x 480 pixel thermal imager, providing unmatched spatial resolution
- Superior image quality
- Advanced software to enable automated and seamless integration with plant DCS
- Stainless steel enclosure designed for hazardous area
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The FlareSpection™ system provides extremely clear and reliable flare image and pilot flame monitoring of multiple flare tips. It enables you to remotely and automatically confirm flare operation and detect differences in flare stack heat signatures. Via special spectral ranges, calibrations, and optics, the FlareSpection system can focus clearly through moisture, heavy rain, and fog at distances up to 300 m away.
- Detect differences in flare stack heat signatures when monitoring multiple flare tips in close proximity
- Ensure that vented gases are ignited and confirm combustion in the flaring process
- Gain reliable long-term monitoring by overcoming thermocouple failure, flame movement, varying luminosity, and adverse climatic conditions
- Easily connect to the plant's DCS via protocols such as Modbus and OPC, as well as connections to pilot ignitors via traditional I/O relay modules
- Telephoto (200 mm) lens enables a detailed view of flares up to 300 m away
- Easy installation and maintenance from remote mounted location
- Focus clearly through moisture, heavy rain, and fog (even at great distances)
- Available adjustable mount and base
- Stainless-steel enclosure with an integrated sighting tube to prevent dust and dirt on the window
- Advanced software to log performance, record video, and set up alerts for measurements that may fall outside of the plant’s preset limits
Image Update Rate
640 x 480 uncooled microbolometer
Lens Focal Length
Field of View (FOV)
3° horizontal x 2.3° vertical
1 to 8x using LumaSpec RT software
OPC, Modbus Serial, Modbus Ethernet, Analog Contact Outputs, Relays
Hazardous Classification and Environmental Protection
ATEX II 2 G Ex db IIB T4
IECEx Ex db IIB T4
US/Canada: Class 1 Div 1, Group C and D T4; Class 1 Div 2 Group A, B, C and D T4
-30 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)
-20 to 70°C (-4 to 158°F)
~ 38 kg (~84 lbs)
316L stainless steel suitable for hazardous areas
12 and 24 VDC
- Flare monitoring
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Documents & SupportView All FlareSpection Accessories
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).