Temperature Measurement Products
Liquid-Cooled, Low Temperature Blackbody Calibration Source with Large Surface Area, -40 to 100°C
Advanced Energy’s Mikron Mikron M345X6-LC blackbody calibration source is a liquid-cooled, two-piece system comprised of a controller module and a separate enclosure with an aperture size of 152 x 152 mm (6 x 6 in) and a temperature range of -40 to 100°C.
- High effective emissivity
- High accuracy and high resolution (0.01°C)
- Excellent stability, 0.02°C per 8 hours in still air environment
- Warm-up time of 15 minutes (-40°C)
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Mikron® M345X6-LC blackbody source is liquid-cooled and heated by precision thermoelectric modules (Peltier method). It is available in absolute or differential configurations.
M345X6-LC calibration sources satisfy the exacting parameters of infrared focal plane array detectors, thermal imaging, and forward-looking infrared (FLIR) systems testing in static and moving scene applications. They combine fast slew rates, high emissivity, and unchallenged stability and uniformity.
- Calibrate and verify the output signals of pyrometers, thermal imagers, etc.
- Obtain lower temperature calibrations using liquid cooling
- Utilize large aperture sizes
- Control emitter source temperature with a precision digital PID controller
- Satisfy the exacting parameters of infrared focal plane array detectors, thermal imaging and forward looking infrared (FLIR) systems testing
- High emissivity with thermometric calibration
- Uniform temperature distribution with precision heating elements
- Manufactured and tested to meet rigid quality control standards
- Furnished with a certificate of calibration traceable to NIST
- RS232 serial communication
-40 to 100°C (-40 to 212°F)
±0.05°C (thermometric calibration)
0.02°C per 8-hour period with no external air breezes
±0.2°C (excluding 10% border area) up to 50°C
Heated Emitter Shape
Thermally uniform plate
Exit Port Diameter
152 x 152 mm (6 x 6 in)
0.9756 ±0.0039 at 8 to 15 μm
0.9713 ±0.0049 at 3 to 5 μm
Precision platinum RTD 1/3 DIN
15 minutes (-40°C)
Slew Rate to 1°C Stability
15 minutes max to -40°C with chiller set at 0°C
Slew Rate to 0.1°C Stability
15 minutes max for entire range travel
Communication / Interface
Remote Set Point
Via RS232 (optional RS485)
Method of Control
Digital PID controller
Operating Ambient Temperature
20 to 30°C
H x W x D
Controller module: 178 x 483 x 593 mm (7 x 19 x 23 in)
115 VAC ±10% 60 Hz
230 VAC ±10% 50 Hz, 1200 VA maximum for blackbody only (optional)
Power requirements must be specified at the time of order
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.