Monroe 282 Series
Full-Featured, Hand-Held Fieldmeters
The Monroe 282 series are full-featured hand-held fieldmeters used to perform static surveys and evaluate charge accumulation in electronic manufacturing and in industrial operations such as converting, printing, packaging, and plastics processing.
- Exclusive auto-zero circuit
- Drift-free accuracy even in ionized environments
- Features recorder output
- Charged plate adapter available
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
With the Monroe 282 fieldmeter series, accuracy is unquestioned. All you need to do is hold the fieldmeter so the range finder LED beams form a non-pulsing circle. This indicates you’re at the right distance from the target. Additionally, our chopper-stabilized circuitry is immune to ionization, unlike ordinary static locators, which makes zeroing is pushbutton simple.
- Monitor "static-free" electronic workstations
- Measure static buildup on webs in converting, laminating, and printing operations
- Check grounds and bonding in dry particle/powder transport systems
- Test ionizer performance using optional charge plate adapter 282CPS
- Easy-to-read digital display of field strength provides quantitative data with 100 V resolution
- LED-pulsed beam range finder identifies calibrated distance from the surface
- Chopper-stabilized measurement technique works in the presence of ionization
- Recorder output to pass measurements to auxiliary instruments to display or record the data
- Optional charge plate system to test ionization systems
- Monroe 282IS is UL approved for use in hazardous environments
Select specifications are shown below. Please see product data sheet for additional specifications.
- 282A, 282IS: 0 to ±20 kV at 1 in
- 282M: 0 to ±20 kV at 1 cm
- 282H: 0 to ±200 kV at 1 ft
- 282L: 0 to ±2000 V at 1 in
See data sheets for more information
±5% of reading, + zero offset, ±2 Isd
- 282A, 282IS, 282H, 282M: Typically 80 to 100 msec 10 to 90%
- 282L: Typically 10 sec 10 to 90%
L x W x H
2.4 x 4.2 x 0.9 in (6.1 x 10.7 x 2.3 cm)
5 oz (0.14 kg) with battery
9 V NEDA #1604 or equivalent
40 hours of normal use, with alkaline battery
0 to 50°C, 0 to 85% relative humidity, (non-condensing and unaffected by ionized equipment)
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Documents & SupportView All Monroe 282 Series Accessories
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).