Remote Plasma Sources
Ideal Remote Plasma Source for Oxygen-Based Processes
With a unique user-insertable and removable quartz chamber liner, Advanced Energy's Rapid OX is optimal for oxygen-based processes.
- Ideal for Photoresist Ashing/Carbon Chamber Cleans: Quartz liner reduces oxygen recombination and ensures effective transportation of reactive species to the process chamber
- Perfected Performance: 6 kW of power to dissociate oxygen with variable frequency and power control
- Dependable Design: The chamber and removable insert design offer better reliability than full quartz chambers
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
Reduce recombination effects and extend the lifetime of oxygen radicals thanks to Rapid OX's removable quartz liner. When compared to anodized chambers, the resultant reactive species extended lifetime improves photoresist strip rates. And because the quartz liner is easily installed or removed by the operator, it decreases downtime and significantly lowers replacement costs.
- Significantly reduce downtime and cost of ownership via a removable and replaceable quartz chamber
- Improve process performance thanks to a high dissociation rate and high-density radical generation
- Ensure repeatable, controllable processes with variable frequency tuning and precise power control
- Increase the chamber lifetime and reduce service costs thanks to the reliable design and cooling system
- Improve tool utilization, reduce preventive maintenance, and lower CoO
- Quartz liner makes it ideal for photoresist ashing or carbon chamber clean processes
- Variable frequency matching provides a range of plasma impedance operation, controlled by varying gas chemistry, pressure, and power set point
- Improved thermal management helps ensure long chamber lifetime
- Rapid OX quickly ignites and reaches steady-state operation due to low dynamic pressure overshoot
Plasma Power Range
500 to 6000 W
Power leveling capability in the power supply impedance range
Gas remote delivery for downstream chamber cleaning, reactive etching processes, and reactive deposition processes
100 mTorr to 1 Torr of Oxygen and Nitrogen up to 4 slm (90% O2 and 10% N2)
This unit is intended for use with selected gases such as Ar, O2, H2, N2, F2, H2O, NF3, or O2
Operation Flows, Dilutions, and Pressure Range
- The verified unit-operating flow range is 0.2 to 4 slm of pure O2, and O2 with a 10% N2 between 100 mTorr and 4 Torr
- Other gas pressure/flow combinations may be permitted but must be approved by Advanced Energy prior to use
H x W x D: 35.3 cm x 41.5 cm x 39.2 cm
H x W x D: 14" x 16.5" x 15.5"
37.6 kg (83 lbs)
250 to 665 kHz
Referenced at plasma load +/- 5% or 200 W whichever is greater
Operational Load Limits
Operational load needs to be within the operational limits of:
Maximum Plasma Voltage
Minimum Plasma Current
Maximum Primary Current
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
U.S.: +1 800 446 9167
Asia: +86 29 8874 1895
China: 400 8899 130
EMEA: +44 800 032 1546
U.K.: 08000 321 546
Thin Film Support
Thermal Product Support
Other Technical Support
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).