Plasma Power Generators
Asymmetric Bias Waveform Generator for Direct Control of Substrate Voltage and Ion Energy
Advanced Energy’s eVoS platform is a revolutionary power technology for the direct control of ion energy distribution in plasma processing. The integrated, single-enclosure system delivers a customized width and precise control of ion energy for node etch and deposition applications. With a 1.2 kV asymmetric waveform, the eVoS LE applies metrology and proprietary control to deliver bias plasma performance for sensitive feature formation and efficiency unachievable by conventional RF methods.
- Independently regulated voltage and current output for maximum control of bias conditions
- Proprietary control system for direct manipulation of wafer bias characteristics
- Fast, digitized metrology for real-time output monitoring and control
- Improved efficiency with power applied directly to ion acceleration for less waste to heating
- Enhanced ability to customize ion energy distribution, eliminate tails, and narrow distributions to maximize concentration to process-optimal levels
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The eVoS™ LE is an asymmetric bias waveform generator designed to achieve direct control of wafer-surface voltage and resulting ion energy distributions (IED) in plasma-based etch and deposition processes. The eVoS system is comprised of a bi-directional voltage supply combined with an independent current source to establish and control wafer-surface potential. The asymmetric output of the eVoS eliminates the limitations and restrictions of wafer biasing inherent to sinusoidal RF bias application. Fast digital metrology and novel control algorithms enable the production of near mono-energetic IEDs. Use additional parameters for customizing average and time-varying aspects of the wafer surface voltage and resulting ion energy distribution.
- Achieve direct control of wafer bias voltage and resulting ion energies
- Gain enhanced ion energy selection/discrimination when compared to a RF bias method
- Significantly increase etch selectivity for shorter processes and straighter, deeper features
- Use less power by using the “right power,” only delivering the useful ion energy
- Simplify bias power integration
- Ability to produce near mono-energetic ion energy distributions
- Pulse capability with necessary input and output signals for synchronization
- Integrated design and compact size eliminates need for matching network
- High-speed metrology provides real-time bias voltage and ion current feedback
- Narrow, broad, and multi-peak distributions
- Adaptable to standard chamber interface
50 to 500 eV
10 to 400 mA
Fw HM < ± (larger of) 10 V or 5% across specified eV/Icomp range
1 to 5000 Hz @ 10% -90% duty factor (Minimum pulse interval (on or off time) = 100 µs)
9/16’’ 18 SAE Female (ISO 11926-1)
≥2 gpm @ 5 to 30°C
Per SEMI E51-0200 Process Cooling Water Standard
Maximum Water Pressure
Ambient Air Temperature
5 to 40°C
Forced through air flow by 60 mm fan
Global Support & Services
Advanced Energy offers regular calibration of your RF generators and matches. Trust our experts to keep your precise RF sensors within specification and ensure your tools are operating at their highest potential.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.