Plasma Power Generators
Ascent AP Series
Unprecedented Power Control for Single- and Dual-Magnetron Sputtering
Achieve new levels of process performance using field-proven, bipolar DC pulsing technology.
- Advanced waveform control allows process fine-tuning
- Available for both dual-pulsed and single-pulsed magnetron sputtering applications
- Compact design incorporates DC and pulsing
- Embedded PowerInsight benefits (optional)
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
Ascent® AP power supplies deliver unprecedented plasma control in a compact solution for single-magnetron and dual-magnetron sputtering. Advanced Energy’s patented pulsing technology enables remarkable arc prevention, higher power levels, and increased throughput. Ascent AP’s comprehensive control parameters and wide operational range unlock material options to extend process flexibility and material innovation.
- Precise sputtering of dielectric and conductive films
- Extended process control and flexibility
- High film quality and throughput
- Repeatable, customizable films
- Higher power levels with reduced arc damage
- Easy integration and control
- Process customization with extensive power delivery parameters
- Advanced process management through a tiered approach to arc mitigation
- Compact, single-unit solution (up to 30 kW)
- Set Point Compensation™ technology for stable throughput
- Wide operational range to enable a variety of process materials
- Compatible with PowerInsight by Advanced Energy™
30 kW (15 kW), 10 kW
30 kW (15 kW)
1000 VDC, 1200 VDC Boost
100 A (50 A), 33.33 A
75 A (38 A), 25 A
80 A (40 A)
5 to 150 kHz
5 to 150 kHz
Reverse Time (max)
> 60% ON time
5% to 95%
300 VDC max
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
PowerInsight by Advanced Energy™
PowerInsight by Advanced Energy is now live for Ascent AP10.
For the first time, PowerInsight by Advanced Energy will be available natively on all Ascent AP10 generators and can be activated upon request. Enabling PowerInsight helps you to make data-driven decisions and improvements by recording your power delivery system’s data and using advanced analytics to transform it into actionable insights. You can maximize performance, cut costs, and improve yield by taking advantage of Advanced Energy’s decades of domain expertise and service experience.
PowerInsight is also available as an external device and can be used with all other Ascent AP generators.
Real Time Dashboard on Web browser
- Monitor power delivery variables including power, voltage & current, arc densities, temperature profiles, and generator performance statistics
- Indicate faults and warnings with customizable real-time email alerts
- Review performance and evolution data in custom time range
- Store up to 3 months of raw data (longer depending on sample rate settings)
Fast DAQ™ Visualizer and Recorder (see more info here)
- Capture & store events upon triggers (custom configured from a comprehensive list of sources)
- Review events: easily navigate between events, add/remove fields, zoom, etc
Collaboration with Advanced Energy Data and Process Experts
- Unlock remote AE engineering support to solve problems quickly and efficiently based on real data shared via cloud or manual download
- Collaborate with AE engineers to identify process and/or product improvements and configure advanced data analytics
Select a custom date rage to view FastDaq events, analytic metrics, and more.
FastDAQ Event Details
Click on the FastDAQ dashboard and select Details to open a detailed view of the captured events in a new browser window.
Detailed View of FastDAQ Events
In the detailed view, choose data fields from the drop-down box, zoom in on events, export data in CSV format, and more.