High Voltage Products
High Voltage Ampifier that Provides Precise Control of Output Voltage 0 to ±50 kV DC or Peak AC
Advanced Energy's Trek 50/12 is DC stable, high voltage amplifier ideal for dielectric and plasma studies, electron beam ion traps and sourcing, electrospinning, electrostatic deflection, and much more.
- Output Voltage Range: 0 to ±50 kV DC or peak AC
- Output Current Range: 0 to ±12 mA DC or peak AC
- Slew Rate: Greater than 350 V/µs
- Large Signal Bandwidth: DC to greater than 1.4 kHz (2% distortion)
- DC Voltage Gain: 5000 V/V fixed
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Trek® 50/12 DC-stable, high-voltage power amplifier features an all-solid-state design for high slew rate, wide bandwidth, and low-noise operation. It is designed to provide precise control of output voltages in the range of 0 to ±50 kV DC or peak AC with an output current range of 0 to ±12 mA DC or peak AC.
The four-quadrant, active-output stage sinks or sources current to reactive or resistive loads throughout the output voltage range. This is essential to achieve accurate output responses and high slew rates demanded by reactive loads.
- Drive capacitive loads via a four-quadrant output
- Enable high accuracy thanks to a closed-loop system
- Safeguard equipment with short-circuit protection
- Benefit from nearly maintenance-free operation and solid-state design
- Take advantage of low-output noise and ultra-accurate outputs
- Dynamic adjustment optimizes the AC response for various load parameters
- NIST-traceable calibration certificate provided with each unit
- DC-stable for programmable supply applications
- Local and remote high voltage On/Off capabilities
- Switch selectable for current limit or trip
Select specifications are shown below. Please see product data sheet for additional specifications.
Output Voltage Range
0 to ±50 kV DC or peak AC
Output Current Range
0 to ±12 mA DC or peak AC
DC Voltage Gain
Greater than 350 V/µs
Large Signal Bandwidth (2% distortion)
DC to greater than 1.4 kHz
1 V / 5000 V
Better than 0.1% of full scale
DC Offset Voltage
Less than ±4 mV
Better than 2% of full scale
Less than ±10 mV
H x W x D
1473.5 x 628.7 x 948.4 mm (58.01 x 24.75 x 37.34 in )
125-136 kg (275-300 lb)
180 to 250 VAC at 48 to 63 Hz
Max 1800 VA
AC Line Receptacle
Standard 3-prong with integral fuse holder
0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F)
To 75% (non-condensing)
To 1524 meters (5000 ft)
- Dielectric studies
- Electron beam ion traps & ion sources
- Electrostatic deflection (including Ion beam steering)
- Electrostatic flame control
- Electrostatic levitation
- Electrostatic precipitation
- High-voltage cable testing
- High-voltage component testing
- Plasma studies (including Dielectric barrier discharge)
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.