High Voltage Products
Non-Inverting High Voltage Amplifier, Output Voltage 0 to ±30 kV DC or Peak AC
Advanced Energy's DC-stable Trek 30/20A high voltage amplifier offers a low-noise operation, expansive bandwidth, and a high slew rate. It's ideal for numerous applications including high voltage cable and component testing, and plasma studies.
- Output Voltage: 0 to ±30 kV DC or peak AC
- Output Current: 0 to ±20 mA DC or peak AC
- Slew Rate: Greater than 550 V/µs
- Large Signal Bandwidth: DC to greater than 2.5 kHz (2% distortion)
- Gain: 3000 V/V fixed
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The high voltage amplifier Trek® 30/20A is DC-stable and has an all-solid-state design that enables a high slew rate, wide bandwidth, and low-noise operation. It features a non-inverting a fixed gain of 3000 V/V. It is protected against overvoltage and overcurrent conditions generated by active loads or output short circuits to the ground. Precision voltage and current monitors provide low-voltage representations of the high-voltage output and load current for monitoring purposes or feedback signals in a closed-loop system.
Achieve accurate output responses and high slew rates demanded by reactive loads via the four-quadrant active output. It sinks or sources the current to reactive or resistive loads throughout the output voltage range.
- Benefit from a closed-loop system and achieve high accuracy
- Take advantage of complete solid-state design and maintenance-free operation
- Rely on ultra-accurate outputs thanks to low-output noise
- Protect against overvoltage and overcurrent conditions generated by active loads
- Drive capacitive loads via a four-quadrant output
- Settling time (to 1%) is less than 200 µs for a 0-30 kV step
- Dynamically adjust to optimize AC response for various load parameters
- Local and remote high voltage On/Off capabilities
- NIST-traceable calibration certificate provided with each unit
- Short-circuit protection to safeguard equipment
Select specifications are shown below. Please see product data sheet for additional specifications.
Output Voltage Range
0 to ±30 kV DC or peak AC
Output Current Range
0 to ±20 mA DC or peak AC
DC Voltage Gain
Better than 0.1% of full scale
Greater than 550 V/µs
Large Signal Bandwidth (2% distortion)
DC to greater than 2.5 kHz
1 V / 3000 V
Better than 0.1% of full scale
DC Offset Voltage
Less than ±5 mV
Better than 2% of full scale
Less than ±10 mV
H x W x D
103.9 x 43 x 87 cm (40.9 x 17 x 34 in)
Depth dimension includes wheels, handles, and spacing for airflow
Apprx 73 kg (160 lb)
Factory set for one of two ranges:
104 to 127 VAC or 180 to 250 VAC at 48 to 63 Hz (specify when ordering)
Max 1800 VA
AC Line Receptacle
Standard 3-prong with integral fuse holder
0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F)
To 75% (non-condensing)
To 1524 meters (5000 ft)
- Dielectric studies
- Electron beam ion traps and ion sourcing
- Electrostatic deflection (including ion beam steering)
- Electrostatic flame control
- Electrostatic levitation
- Electrostatic precipitation
- High-voltage cable testing
- High-voltage component testing
- Plasma studies (including dielectric barrier discharge)
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).