High-Sensitivity, DC Stable, Precision Electrostatic Voltmeter
Advanced Energy's Trek P0865 electrostatic voltmeter is ideal for making non-contacting surface voltage measurements in the range of 0 to ±10 kV DC or peak AC. It features a field-nulling technique that enables high DC stability and accuracy.
- Response Time: Less than 200 ms for a 1 kV step
- Measurement Range: ±10 kV DC or peak AC
- Measurement Accuracy: Better than ±0.1% of full-scale
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Trek® P0865 employs a field-nulling technique for non-contacting voltage measurement. It achieves DC stability and high accuracy even if the probe-to-surface spacing changes. This permits accurate measurements of either stationary or moving surfaces without the need for fixed spacing.
A precision voltage monitor provides a low-voltage replica of the measured electrostatic potential for monitoring, or use as a feedback signal in a closed-loop system. And probe assembly includes a sensitive electrode and preamplifier, which is driven to the same potential as the measured value to eliminate arcing therebetween. A three-meter cable permits remote probe positioning.
- Utilize patented probe design to eliminate the need for close tolerance components
- Improve noise and drift performance
- Operate on a benchtop, or, with optional hardware, in a standard 19-inch rack
- Use for various research and industrial applications
- Accurately measure stationary or moving surfaces
- Precision voltage monitor output
- Zero control for offset nulling
- Easy-to-read LED display
- High temperature probes available
- Field nulling technique
Select specifications are shown below. Please see product data sheet for additional specifications.
0 to ±10 kV DC or peak AC
Better than ±0.1% of full-scale (as referred to the voltage monitor)
Speed of Response (10% to 90%)
Less than 200 ms for a 1 kV step change. Less than 5 ms for a 20 kV step change
A BNC output provides a low-voltage replica of the measured voltage
1/1000th of the measured voltage
Less than 0.1Ω
Front Panel Meter
4.5 digit LED display
0 to ±10,000 V
H x W x D
134 x 432 x 432 mm (5.25 x 17 x 17 in)
15 kg (33 lb)
AC Line Cord Receptacle
Standard three-prong line cord receptacle with an integral fuse holder
Factory set for one of three nominal AC line voltages: 100 V, 115 V, or
230 VAC (CE compliant), at 48 to 63 Hz (specify when ordering)
- Charge accumulation monitoring of the LCD production processes
- Monitoring surface potentials in the electrostatic painting process
- Research and development in the electrophotographic process
- Measuring electrostatic potentials on polymers, rubber, fabrics, and paper
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Documents & SupportView All Trek P0865 Accessories
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).