Non-Contacting Electrostatic Voltmeter for EOS and ESD Processes
Advanced Energy's Trek 541A provides highly accurate, non-contacting, DC-stable, spacing-independent voltage measurements in either ionized or non-ionized environments. Typical uses include semiconductor, LCD, electronic assembly, and ESD-sensitive applications.
- Measurement Range:
- 541A-1: ±1 kV DC or peak AC
- 541A-2: ±100 V DC or peak AC
- Measurement Accuracy: Better than ±1% of full scale over a probe-
to-surface separation of 2.5 mm ±1 mm
- Alphanumeric LCD Display: 20 x 4 characters
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Trek® 541A (pictured with the Model 541PR-S probe) electrostatic voltmeter is configured with a miniature electrostatic field chopper probe. The probe can be remotely located and easily positioned within process equipment. The unit's 20 x 4 alphanumeric LCD screen displays the present measured voltage, positive and negative peak voltage values, and additional menu information. Visual and audible alarms activate when preset voltage-threshold levels are reached.
- Enable drift-free measurements
- Remotely locate or easily position miniature field chopper probe
- Use in ionized or non-ionized environments
- Take spacing-independent voltage measurements
- Chopper probe is DC-stable with or without incident airflow
- Analog voltage monitor output
- USB and RS-232 serial ports
- NIST-traceable calibration certificate provided with each unit
- Walking test adapter kit available
Select specifications are shown below. Please see product data sheet for additional specifications.
- 541A-1: 0 to ±1 kV DC or peak AC
- 541A-2: 0 to ±100 V DC or peak AC
Speed of Response (10 to 90%)
Less than 50 ms for a ±1 kV/±100 V step (model dependent)
1% of full-scale
H x W x D
97 x 152 x 204 (3.8 x 6 x 8)
0.77 kg (1.7 lb)
15 to 35°C (59 to 95°F)
5 to 85% relative humidity, non-condensing
To 2000 m (6561.68 ft)
- Electronic assembly
- ESD-sensitive processes
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Documents & SupportView All Trek 541A Accessories
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).