Charge Plate Monitor for Evaluating the Performance of Air Ionizers Used to Neutralize Static Charges
Advanced Energy’s Trek 156A tests the efficiency of an ionizer’s ion production by timing how long it takes air ions produced to discharge a floating plate that has been pre-charged to either a positive or negative value.
- Monitored Voltage Range: 0 to ±1100 VDC or peak AC
- Large Signal Bandwidth: (-3dB): DC to 10 Hz
- Decay Mode Thresholds: Programmable from 1 to ±1000 V in 1V increments (accurate within ±1V of programmed voltage)
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Trek® 156A tests the efficiency of an ionizer’s ion production by timing how long it takes air ions produced to discharge a floating plate that has been pre-charged to either a positive or negative value. The Trek 156A also tests the balance between positive and negative air ions by measuring the offset voltage generated on a floating plate due to an imbalance of positive and negative air ions impinging on the plate from the ionizer.
Typically, as an ionizer ages, the rates of positive and negative air ion production decline. Consequently, the time required for the ionizer to neutralize static charges increases, and the balance of positive and negative air ions changes. The neutralization (decay) time may become too long for the ionizer to fully neutralize charges that are generated at a work location, or the ionizer may begin to charge objects that were initially uncharged.
- Set custom measurement capacitance for assurance that ESD process needs are met in manufacturing
- Easily transport within a facility with the compact and lightweight design
- Use for ESD monitoring of sensitive manufacturing processes such as semiconductor, disk drive, and LC
- Extremely low offset and drift ensures high accuracy, making it ideal for applications requiring critical ion balance such as GMR and TMR manufacturing areas
- NIST-traceable Certificate of Calibration provided with each unit
Select specifications are shown below. Please see product data sheet for additional specifications.
Monitored Voltage Range
0 to ±1100 V DC or peak AC
Large Signal Bandwidth
DC to 10 Hz (measured at 2000 V p-p)
Small Signal Bandwidth (-3dB)
DC to 1 kHz (measured at 20 V p-p)
Plate Self-Discharge Rate
Less than 12 V/minute
BNC provides low voltage replica of plate
1/200th of the plate voltage
Better than 0.1% of full-scale
H x W x D
83 x 318 x 280 mm (3.25 x 12.5 x 11 in)
2 kg (4.4 lb)
5 to 35°C (41 to 95°F)
To 80%, non-condensing
To 2000 m (6561.68 ft)
- ESD monitoring of sensitive manufacturing processes such as semiconductor, disk drive, and LCD
- Testing of all types of ionizers, including room ionization systems, AC and DC blowers, nuclear ionizers, gun-type ionizers, and pulsed DC ionizers
- High-temperature applications
- ESD measurement of de-ionized water
- Dissipative testing applications
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Documents & SupportView All Trek 156A Accessories
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).