Temperature Measurement Products
E²T Quasar M8100
Continuous Flare, Pilot, and Flare Monitoring Detection Instruments
Advanced Energy's E2T Quasar M8100 series instruments provide continuous monitoring and detection of flare stack pilot (PM), smoke (SM), and flares (FM).
- Flame detection up to 400 m away
- Detection of hydrocarbon and hydrogen flames
- CSA/US and ATEX explosion-proof housing
- Automatic gain control for adverse weather conditions
- Modular opto-electronic package for easy removal from housing
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The E2T Quasar M8100 is available in three models.The M8100SM provides continuous monitoring of flare stack smoke levels, the M8100PM enables continuous duty monitoring of pilot flames on flare stacks, and the M8100FM monitors flared gases.
The Quasar M8100 Series utilizes multi-wavelength infrared detection and electronic circuitry to automatically compensate for signal variation due to rain, snow or fog. Observed flaring is reported via a 4 and 20 mA signal.
The instrument can be mounted on a control center roof and sighted to monitor flaring on distant flare stacks. It is available with a sturdy mounting system designed to resist movement in high winds and provide vernier sighting capabilities for easy target acquisition at long sighting distances.
- Install a reliable and accurate flare pilot monitoring system without service interruption
- Use the high-resolution optical system and various spot sizes to position the system up to 1/4 mile (400 m) away from the monitored flare stack
- Minimize weather impacts with automatic gain control
- Increase safety and environmental protection
- Custom electronics adapt to target movement, varying luminosity, and most climate conditions
- Five optics options to ensure the highest flame signal detection
- Status lights: green and red
- Heavy-duty swivel mount included for easy mounting, alignment, and target focusing
0 to 1320 feet (400 m)
Multi-wavelength infrared monitor sensitive to all flame including Hydrogen
Field of View
Available in 37.5:1, 60:1, 75:1, 150:1 & 300:1
4 or 20 mA switched output (4 mA = flame and 20 mA = no flame)
Alarm Output Delay
2 s to 2 min (standard)
Automatic climate compensation and manual gain for easy system setup
Available in 115 VAC or 230 VAC or 24 VDC (Voltages ±10%) 115 Watts
27 x 32 x 22 cm (10.5 x 12.5 x 8.5 in)
22 kg (48 lb)
Green and red
M-3 heavy duty 360° swivel mount
Ambient Temperature Limits
-40 to 60°C (-40 to 140°F) with no cooling and using internal heater
If the equipment is used at the ambient temperature above 60°C, before turning on the equipment, the cooling system shall be verified that the ambient temperature does not rise above 60°C
CSA/US: Class 1, Division 1, Groups C and D Class 1, Division 2, Groups A through D, T4 CENELEC: EEx d IIB T4
- Elevated flares - e.g. steam assisted, air assisted, and gas assisted
- Ground flares - e.g. burn pit flares and multi-point/staged multi-point flares
- Off-shore flares
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).