Temperature Measurement Products
Turnkey Solution for Continuous Infrared Imaging inside Boilers and Furnaces
- Resilient and robust for harsh environments
- Measurement range: 500 to 1600°C (932 to 2912°F)
- Stainless steel constructions with air cooling and purge
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The BoilerSpection™ SD system provides continuous, real-time, through-flame imaging and can withstand harsh conditions. It includes state-of-the-art optics, an infrared camera, an auto-retraction device, networking components, and software to control the system remotely.
The included LumaSpec™ RT software is a powerful tool for analysis and historical trending, outputs to automation and DCS, and a real-time webserver to broadcast images over the plant’s network. Additionally, Advanced Energy offers commission services, technical support, and preventative maintenance.
- Capture lost boiler capacity by reducing cleaning frequencies
- Increase efficiency by improving heat transfer with precise knowledge of slag and ash build-up
- Lower maintenance costs by optimizing cleaning and identifying large deposits (clinkers) before they cause damage to boiler tubes
- Optimize fuel switching strategies by directly and accurately measuring ash rate and uniformity as fuel changes
- Manage combustion by tracking uniformity of ash deposits
- Infrared imaging camera with a cooled borescope lens
- Automatic retraction system
- Mounting hardware
- Network software system integrated into the plant's DCS
- Full-service field installation and maintenance
500 to 1600°C (932 to 2912°F)
Narrowband 3.9 µm
320 x 240 uncooled focal plane array VOx microbolometer
Field of View (FOV)
50° H x 38° V
Stainless steel with air cooling and purge
Sapphire window tip with air purge shield
42 mm (1.65 in)
1 to 8x using LumaSpec RT software
Number of Cameras
Up to 24 to a single control room server
Field Switch Cabinet
NEMA 4 / IP66 enclosure with Ethernet switch
Connection to Control Room
Fiber optic link, 50/125 µm core/cladding diameter multi-mode fiber, 850/1310 nm wavelength
Up to 60°C (140°F)
13.5 kg (30 lb)
IP66 with Integrated Vortex Air Cooling
Weld or bolt on mounting plates
110 to 240 VAC, two 15 AMP lines to support six cameras
All cabinets/panels are NEMA 4/IP65
20 to 30 scfm at minimum 80 psi per camera
- Monitoring coal-fired boilers
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Documents & SupportView All BoilerSpection SD Accessories
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).