SCR Power Controllers
Digital Thyristor Power Controller Supports Load Currents Up to 1500 A and Voltages Up to 600 V
Strike the perfect balance between price and performance. The Thyro-A SCR power controller delivers flexible application capabilities and industry-proven reliability. It is ideally suited for general heating applications.
- Compact footprint with various applications for precise and reliable control of power and loads
- Low total harmonic distortion (THD) for improved power utilization
- Fully digital communications with optional fieldbus communication options
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
Precisely and reliably control power in an expansive range of applications. The Thyro-A® series showcases a highly flexible interface for the load and power-supply side. For standard processes, make adjustments on the unit itself to ease handling and speed commissioning. You can also use a remote digital connection. All measurement, status, and set point communication may be processed via PLC or the process computer. Stand-alone operations or direct combination with process controls are possible.
- Save space and simplify installation with a compact unit footprint and a DIN-rail mountable design (up to 60 A system rating)
- Precisely regulate power, including load management, for optimal control and energy consumption
- Easily integrate with existing control systems; customize faults, alarms, status, limits, and set points
- Increase process efficiency; optimize load control with five control types and three operating modes
- Scalable PLC/PAC integration for closed-loop control; optional system interface connects up to 8 power controllers to bus module or BasicBus Module (Profibus DPV1, CANopen, PROFINET, Modbus TCP/IP, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT)
- Securely separate control and power units and optimize load control; use up to five control methods and three operating modes
- Mains-load optimization using optional dASM bus module; support digital and dynamic mains-load optimization (up to eight Thyro-A SCR power controllers)
- Optional external network load optimization wavelength with Thyro-Power Manager
- Seamless integration to Rockwell Automation® Studio5000® automation software via add-on profiles (AOPs): simplify setup and commissioning using predefined tags
- 1-, 2-, or 3-phase versions (2-phase version for 3-phase load without deploying neutral conductor)
Up to 600 V
Up to 1500 A
47 to 63 Hz
Integrated semiconductor fuse
TAKT, VAR, QTM, and with optional Thyro-Power Manager
CE, UL 508 (8 – 350A), Canadian C22.2 No. 14
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Documents & SupportView All Thyro-A Series Accessories
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).
230 to 600 V
230, 400, or 500 V
230 to 690 V
230 to 500 V
8 to 1500 A
8 to 350 A
16 to 2900 A
16 to 280 A
2.8 in (71.1 mm) LED touch screen