SCR Power Controllers
Precise, digital SCR power controller that supports currents up to 280 A and voltages up to 500 V
With an optional display and increased measuring accuracy, the Thyro-A+ digital SCR power controller series offers comprehensive operating and control modes to save system costs for resistive and transformer loads in various applications.
- Display or Thyro-Tool Pro software to easily visualize, commission or set parameters
- Increase performance control accuracy to maximize end process repeatability
- Easy fieldbus integration with optional BasicBus Module and available bus protocols
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Thyro-A+ is Advanced Energy’s latest addition to its proven Thyro-Family of digital SCR power controller. The new Thyro-A+ has a performance range with rated currents from 16 A up to 280 A and rated voltages from 230 V up to 500 V. The Thyro-A+ offers easy fieldbus integration with optional BasicBus Module and available bus protocols, such as Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT, Profibus, Profinet or Modbus TCP/IP.
The optional Thyro-A+ display enables intuitive operation of the SCR power controller. It also allows long-term data recording of process parameters, as well as status messages. With an optional SD card, data and parameter settings can easily be loaded and saved to the SCR power controller. Easy handling is supported by the EasyStart feature for easy Thyro-A+ commissioning. The Thyro-A+ provides all useful customers information on one display either directly at the unit or being mounted on the electrical cabinet door.
- Save space and simplify installation with a compact unit footprint and a DIN-rail mountable design (up to 60 A system rating)
- Precisely regulate power, including load management, for optimal control and energy consumption
- Easily integrate with existing control systems; customize faults, alarms, status, limits, and set points
- Increase process efficiency; optimize load control with five control types and three operating modes
- Scalable PLC/PAC integration for closed-loop control; optional system interface connects up to 8 power controllers to BasicBus Module (Profibus DPV1, CANopen, Profinet, Modbus TCP/IP, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT)
- Securely separate control and power units and optimize load control; use up to five control methods and three operating modes
- 1-, 2-, or 3-phase versions (2-phase version for 3-phase load without deploying neutral conductor)
Up to 500 V
Up to 280 A
47 to 63 Hz
Integrated Semiconductor Fuse
- Display for Thyro-A+ configuration with optional SD memory card and process data recorder
- Micro-USB connector for Thyro-Tool Pro PC software connection
- BasicBusModule with Anybus Digital Interface Card
TAKT, VAR, QTM, VT Mode, Switch and with optional BasicBusModule
- CE marked for EU LV Directive 2014/35/EU & 2004/108/EC
- UL Certified, UL 508A (in preparation)
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Documents & SupportView All Thyro-A+ Series Accessories
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
EMEA SCR Power Controller Support:
Tel.: +49 (0) 2902 910 370 10 (Standard Business Hours CET)
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).