High Voltage Products
Non-Inverting High Voltage Amplifier, Output Voltage 0 to ±40 kV DC or Peak AC
Advanced Energy’s Trek 40/15 high voltage amplifier features a high slew rate, wide bandwidth, and low noise operation. It’s optimal for various applications including electrostatic deflection, flame control, levitation, and precipitation.
- Output Voltage: 0 to ±40 kV DC or peak AC
- Output Current: 0 to ±15 mA DC or peak AC
- Slew Rate: Greater than 350 V/µs
- Large Signal Bandwidth: DC to greater than 1.4 kHz (2% distortion)
- DC Voltage Gain: 4000 V/V fixed
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The DC-stable Trek® 40/15 high voltage power amplifier features an all-solid-state design, non-inverting configuration, and a fixed gain of 4000 V/V. It is protected against overvoltage and overcurrent conditions that can be generated by active loads or output short circuits to the ground. Precision voltage and current monitors provide low-voltage representations of the high-voltage output and load current for monitoring purposes or use as feedback signals in a closed-loop system.
- Take advantage of low-output noise and ultra-accurate outputs
- Benefit from nearly maintenance-free operation and solid-state design
- Enable high accuracy thanks to a closed-loop system
- Drive capacitive loads via a four-quadrant output
- Safeguard equipment with short-circuit protection
- Graduated one-turn potentiometer can be used to optimize the AC response for various load parameters
- Current limit/trip status indicator and connector
- NIST-traceable calibration certificate provided with each unit
- DC-stable for programmable supply applications
- Local and remote high voltage turn on or off capabilities
Select specifications are shown below. Please see product data sheet for additional specifications.
Output Voltage Range
0 to ±40 kV DC or peak AC
Output Current Range
0 to ±15 mA DC or peak AC
DC Voltage Gain
Greater than 350 V/µs (10 to 90%, typical)
Large Signal Bandwidth (2% distortion)
DC to greater than 1.4 kHz
1 V / 4000 V
Better than 0.1% of full scale
DC Offset Voltage
Less than ±2 mV
Better than 2% of full scale
Less than ±10 mV
H x W x D
1239 x 578 x 893 mm (49 x 22.8 x 35 in)
100 kg (220 lb)
180 to 250 V AC at 48 to 63 Hz
1800 VA Max
AC Line Receptacle
Standard 3-prong with integral fuse holder
0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
To 75% (non-condensing)
To 1524 meters (5000 ft)
- Dielectric studies
- Electron beam ion traps and ion sourcing
- Electrostatic deflection (including ion beam steering)
- Electrostatic flame control
- Electrostatic levitation
- Electrostatic precipitation
- High-voltage cable testing
- High-voltage component testing
- Plasma studies (including dielectric barrier discharge)
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Documents & SupportView All Trek 40/15 Accessories
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).