High quality, Portable Non-Contacting Static Meter
The Monroe 281 static locator produces accurate readings with ease and offers years of trouble-free operation.
- Range: ±20 kV at 1 in with correct range and polarity automatically selected
- Accuracy: Better than ±10% of reading ± LSD + zero offset
- Zero Tolerance: ± 5 counts, ± 3 counts
Response: Display updates three times per second
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The MonroeTM 281 static locator is a high quality, portable non-contacting static meter. It indicates surface voltage and polarity on objects up to ±20 kV at a spacing of one inch. It features an accuracy better than ±10% of the reading. The Monroe 281 also features a pushbutton to hold readings and automatically powers down to conserve the battery.
- Confidently check work-station grounding system effectiveness
- Benefit from the 3.5-digit display with "hold" and "low battery" indicators
- Conserve battery use thanks to automatic shut-off feature
- Easy-to-read digital display provides quantitative data with 100 V resolution
- Hold button retains measurements made in hard-to-read locations
- Battery SavR™ turns the fieldmeter off when not in use
- RoHS Compliant
Select specifications are shown below. Please see product data sheet for additional specifications.
±20 kV at 1 in with correct range and polarity automatically selected
Better than ±10% of reading ± LSD + zero offset
Display updates three times per second
9 V Eveready #216 or equivalent, NEDA # 1604
200 hours of normal use
4.2 x 2.4 x.9 in (10.7 x 6.1 x 2.3 cm)
5 oz (142 gm)
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).