Plasma Power Generators
Ascent AMS Series
Stable Power Delivery for Extreme Arc Conditions and Highly Repeatable Films
Advanced Energy’s front-line DC generator provides performance and reliability required in dual-magnetron sputtering applications.
- Arcs are actively managed, versus a generic pre-set arc response
- Less than 0.4 mJ per 1 kW of output energy
- Stable, repeatable process through arcing conditions
- Primary/secondary for high power applications
- Higher power levels with reduced arc damage
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
As manufacturing techniques advance, new materials and cathode designs pose greater challenges to process stability and film repeatability. Ascent® AMS power supplies deliver stable, repeatable power, regardless of process material or cathode design. The AMS provides advanced arc management, allowing maximum power delivery with faster recovery to process. Extreme fast recovery also means extremely low energy delivered through arcs, preventing substrate damage.
For high power applications, the Ascent AMS can be used in primary/secondary configuration. Common applications include output configurations over 100 kW. However, the combined water/air cooling design keeps the generator footprint to a minimum.
- Obtain high film quality and throughput
- Reduce film, substrate, and equipment damage
- Achieve stable throughput and power delivery under extreme arcing conditions
- Easily integrate and control
- Arc Management System™ (AMS) technology — customer pre-sets for metal and ceramic targets
- Set Point Compensation™ technology
- Arc Sync® technology — primary/secondary up to 12 units
- Ethernet, EtherCAT®, DeviceNet®, Profibus, RS-232/485, Ethernet/IP, and analog communications
AC Input Voltage
400, 440, and 480 VAC
- 30, 40, and 60 kW
- Primary/secondary configuration available for higher powers
800 to 1200 V
300 to 1000 VDC
333 to 1000 VDC
60 kW (120A)
500 to 1000 VDC
60 kW (150A)
400 to 800 VDC
Ethernet, EtherCAT®, DeviceNet®, Profibus, RS-232/485, EtherNet/IP, and analog communications
48.26 cm (19”), rack mountable, 6U height
Air and water combined
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.