Specially Configured Innova 1314i Multi-Gas Monitor for Automotive Emissions
The Advanced Energy Innova 3433i is a highly accurate and reliable multi-gas monitor with a special configuration for Exhaust Gas or SHED evaporative testing. The measurement system, based on the photoacoustic infrared detection method, is capable of measuring almost any gas that absorbs infrared light. Gas selectivity is achieved through the use of optical filters.
- Selectively measures a wide range of gases and vapors
- Linear response over a wide dynamic range
- Stable and reliable: ensuring a maximum of only two calibrations a year
- Compensates for temperature and pressure fluctuations, water vapor interference, and interference from other known gases
- Virtually no warm-up time necessary for quick operation
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
Advanced Energy’s Innova® 3433i photoacoustic monitor is a highly accurate, reliable, and stable quantitative gas monitoring system. Gas selectivity is achieved through the use of optical filters. By installing up to five filters, the Innova 3433i can measure the concentration of up to five component gases and water vapor in any air sample.
Detection limits are gas-dependent but are typically in the ppb region. The accuracy of these measurements is ensured by the instrument's ability to compensate for temperature and pressure fluctuations, water vapor interference, and interference from other gases known to be present.
- Monitor up to five component gases and water with five optical filter installations
- Collect samples from up to 50 m away with the built-in pump system
- Remotely control via TCP/IP network interface protocol
- Easily calibrate, configure, and view data via a PC
- Operate using either the front panel with push buttons and display or PC using Innova software
- Equipped with standard interfaces: USB, Ethernet, and RS232
- Housed in a rugged box that fits a standard 19" rack
- Typical gas detection limits within the ppb region
- Calibrate through easy-to-use menu driven instructions
- Typical applications include automotive monitoring of vehicle exhausts and SHED evaporative emission testing
Gas dependent, but typically in the ppb region; using the Gas Detection Limits Chart, the detection limit for a selected sample integration time (SIT) can be calculated
Typically four orders of magnitude (i.e. 10,000 times the detection limit at 5 SIT); using two span concentrations it can be expanded to five orders of magnitude
1% of measured value
Measured at 20°C, 1013 mbar, and relative humidity (RH): 60% (a concentration of 100x detection limit4 was used in determining these specifications)
The 3433i automatically compensates for temperature and pressure fluctuations in its analysis cell and can compensate for water vapor in the air sample; if an optical filter is installed to measure a known interferent, the 3433i can cross compensate for the interferent
Internal Data Storage Capacity
The total space available in display memory to store data is 131,072 measurement cycles; if a measurement cycle takes 15 seconds, then the display memory space will be sufficient for a 22-day monitoring task
5 to 40°C (41 to 104°F)
Maximum relative humidity 80% for temperatures up to 31°C decreasing linearly to 50% relative humidity at 40°C
H x W x D
175 x 483 x 375mm (6.9 x 19 x 14.8 in)
14 kg (30.8 lb)
Pumping System Specifications
30 cm3/s (flushing sampling tube) and 5 cm3/s (flushing measurement chamber)
Air Volume Per Sample
Total Internal Volume
60 cm3 (of the measurement system)
Inlet and Outlet Fittings
6.34 mm (¼ in)
Electrical and Communication Specifications
~85 VA, 100 to 240 VAC ±10%, 50 to 60 Hz
3 V lithium battery, lifetime 5 years
Three interfaces: USB, Ethernet, and RS232, for data exchange and remote control of the instrument
Via USB, Ethernet, or RS232 interface
Safety and Standards Specifications
EN/IEC 61010-1 3rd Edition
CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1-04
UL 61010-1 3rd Edition
EN 61326-1:2013: Electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use – EMC requirements;
Part 1: General requirements
CE-mark indicates compliance with: EMC Directive and Low Voltage Directive
NEMKO mark indicates compliance with: CSA and UL Standards
- Automotive monitoring of alcohol content in vehicle exhausts and production of NH3 and N2O in diesel exhausts
- Automotive SHED evaporative emission testing
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).