Temperature Measurement Products
Mobile Infrared Camera for Clear Inspection of Boiler Tubes and Furnace Walls
Advanced Energy's BoilerSpection MB imaging system utilizes special mid-wave infrared detectors to see through flames. This unique feature means BoilerSpection MB can provide the clearest and most stable through-flame images in boilers, furnaces, kilns, or incinerators.
- Completely digital and IP-addressable camera system
- Built for mobile use
- Utilizes standard connections for viewing and recording real-time images
- Spectral wavelength: ~3.9 µm narrow band pass filter
- Measurement range: 500 to 1600°C (932 to 2912°F)
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
Inspect your furnace within minutes. The BoilerSpection™ MB imaging system includes everything you need and is easy to set up.
BoilerSpection MB enables you to quickly and accurately identify process abnormalities for optimal combustion and heat transference. You can direct cleaning operations, regulate fuel and air flow, reduce emissions, decrease fuel consumption, speed up boiler light off, and improve safety. It includes a standard video (BNC) output to use with legacy video equipment.
- Pinpoint problems before they cause outages
- Inspect build-up of ash/slag on boiler tubes
- Diagnose burner flame conditions
- Measure temperature across entire image
- Record and analyze data to optimize combustion processes
- Special mid-wave infrared detector
- Mobile or semi-permanent through-flame imaging inside power boilers, furnaces and incinerators
- Compatible with BoilerSpection continuous monitoring solution
500 to 1600°C (932 to 2912°F)
~3.9 µm narrow band pass filter
Image Update Rate
30 Hz / 9 Hz
320 x 240 uncooled focal plane array VOx microbolometer
Field of View (FOV)
50° H x 38° V
Sapphire window tip with air purge shield
42 mm (1.65 in)
18 in (“A” Dimension 15.75 in [400 mm])
24 in (“A” Dimension 22.50 in [572 mm])
36 in (“A” Dimension 34.10 in [866 mm])
Stainless steel borescope optics with ZnS optical elements
(can be operated without air for brief inspections)
NTSC / PAL
Power and Ethernet connection cables
< 13.5 kg (30 lb)
- Stainless steel enclosure with vortex air cooling (air is only required for longterm monitoring)
- Removable radiation shield
Power supply included, input is universal AC
(Battery pack optional)
30 to 50 m3/hr
- Monitoring coal-fired boilers
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).