Low Voltage Power Supplies
Fanless 1000 W, Intelligent, Modular Power Supply Platform
Advanced Energy's Excelsys CoolX1000 is a highly flexible and compact, fanless power supply ideal for vibration and noise sensitive applications.
- Up to 1000 W, natural convection
- Industrial and medical safety approvals
- PMBus™ for digital communications and control
- 24 W-standby power
- Up to 12 outputs
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Excelsys CoolX®1000 modular power supply provides up to 1000 W in a compact U-channel, 254 x 165 x 39.1 mm design. It's fanless design and lack of base-plate cooling requirements help eliminate acoustic noise, making it a smart choice for scientific, medical, and vibration-sensitive applications. It offers extreme flexibility and helps eliminate process disruption. And you can easily monitor and control performance via analog and digital communications (PMBus™).
The series offers two base models. The CX10S carries the IEC60950 (second edition) certification for industrial applications and will comply with the upcoming IEC62368-1 standard. The CX10M carries the IEC60601-1 (third edition) and IEC60601-1-2 (fourth edition, EMC) for medical applications. Both models can be populated with up to six CoolMods, providing up to 12 isolated DC outputs that range from 2.5 to 58 V.
- High Power Density: 1000 W in a 254 x 165 x 39.1 mm U-channel package
- Full Safety Agency Approvals: See Technical Specs for details
- Intelligent Digital Power: Access maximum flexibility with analog and digital control (PMBus™)
- User- and Field-Configurable: Configure outputs to setpoint voltages; connect in parallel/series for higher output current and/or voltages
- High Reliability and Efficiency: 93% efficiency helps ensure quality, reliability, and a low total cost of ownership
- No fans, acoustic noise, or vibrations
- Five-year warranty
- Safety approved to 5000 m altitude
Input Voltage Range
85 to 264 VAC
25 A (depending on model)
1000 W (depending on model)
1 to 348 (depending on model)
Ripple and Noise
1% of nominal
Operating Temperature Range
-40 to 85°C
Storage Temperature Range
-40 to 85°C
5% to 95%
L x W x H
254 mm x 165.1 mm x 39.1 mm (10 in x 6.5 in x 1U)
See datasheet for more powerMod details.
High Power Modules (3 Slot)
Dual Output Modules (1 Slot)
CmG (version 1 and 2), CmH (version 1 and 2)
Wide Trim Modules (1 Slot)
CmM, CmN, CmP, CmQ
Certifications and Standards
- IEC60950 (second edition)
- IEC62368-1 (upcoming)
- IEC60601-1 (third edition)
- IEC60601-1-2 (fourth edition, EMC)
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Up to 1340 W
Up to 12
Up to 12
Up to 8
Up to 12
Variable Fan Speed Control
165.1 x 254 x 39.1
262 x 127 x 41
215.9 x 114.3 x 39.1
UX4: 260 x 89 x 1U
UX6: 260 x 127 x 1U