STEM Changes the World,
You Can Too
Advanced Energy's STEM Diversity Scholarship
Each day, our evolving world creates new opportunities and challenges that require people with a passion for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). The technology industry’s success depends on an innovative, entrepreneurial, and future-ready workforce that reflects the global communities we serve.
So, are you a fierce problem solver? Are you driven to innovate?
Apply for the Advanced Energy STEM Diversity Scholarship. If you’re majoring in electrical and computer engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, or material science, to help you achieve your educational goals, we're offering a $20,000 scholarship grant towards your tuition. You will also be given an opportunity to intern with us, a global leader in the design and manufacturing of highly engineered, precision power conversion, measurement, and control solutions for mission-critical applications and processes.
AE’s power solutions enable customer innovation in complex applications for a wide range of industries including semiconductor equipment, industrial, manufacturing, telecommunications, data center computing, and healthcare. With engineering know-how and responsive service and support around the globe, the company builds collaborative partnerships to meet technology advances, propel growth for its customers and innovate the future of power. Advanced Energy has devoted four decades to perfecting power for its global customers and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, USA.
Reach your educational goals faster with a $20,000 scholarship grant toward the cost of tuition.
Gain hands-on experience with a paid summer or school-year internship.
Professional Mentoring and Opportunites
Fast-track your career with professional coaching from AE engineers and apprenticeship opportunities.
Advanced Energy's STEM Diversity Scholarship is open to all gender-diverse and racially diverse students studying electrical engineering, physics, or material science.
Accepted Areas of Study
Like many companies, AE realizes that some minorities historically may not have had the same opportunities as non-minorities. We are seeking to utilize programs such as scholarships and internships as a way to increase diversity. While our scholarships and internships can be sought by anyone who meets the qualifications of the programs, we are especially interested in considering and including minorities.
- Complete an online application.
- Submit two referral letters, including one from a professor of a science, technology, engineering, or lab course taken within the past two semesters.
- Write a short personal essay (max 1000 words) detailing what influenced your decision to pursue an education and career in engineering and what specifically interests you most in Advanced Energy’s technology.
- December 17, 2021: Submissions open
- February 28, 2022: Submission deadline
- March 31, 2022: Finalists identified and applicant interviews conducted
- April 29, 2022: Recipients announced and scholarships awarded
- AE internship based in Fort Collins, CO, Milpitas, CA, Lockport, NY, or Eden Prairie, MN
If you have questions or need assistance, please email email@example.com.