ThermalSpection 724 System
Automated, Continuous Thermal Imaging System for Remote Fault Detection in Substations and Industrial Sites
Advanced Energy's ThermalSpection 724 allows you to remotely monitor multiple, distant substations from a central location.
- Remote fault detection and alarm generation
- Immediate analysis of dynamic conditions
- Complete turn-key system with protocols for data export
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The ThermalSpection™ 724 system allows you to continuously monitor the temperature profile and long term thermal trends of assets within an electrical power substation remotely. It helps you detect temperature deviations from normal operation conditions to ensure safe and reliable operations.
The system consists of thermal and visible cameras mounted on a positioner with continuous 360° pan range and tilt range of ±45°. A junction box with all of the necessary hardware for power and data transfer is also included. This allows for quick access to the camera’s thermal readings and configuration options. Fixed image cameras and pyrometers can also be added to the system.
- Replace error prone manual inspection process with streamlined automated monitoring
- Identify transient thermal events not detectable with manual inspections
- Integrate into existing control systems via standard protocols
- Monitor newly installed assets or older assets after maintenance to identify risk for infant mortality or faults
- Automated, continuous thermal monitoring of substation for performance and safety
- Early and remote fault detection
- Automated analysis with built-in industry-standard analytics
- Continuous monitoring without personnel constraints
-40 to 500°C
±2°C or ±2% (whichever is greater)
Image Update Rate:
Variable depending on operational mode (tour, alarm)
640 x 480 resolution uncooled microbolometer detector
0.1 to 1.0
Field of View (FOV):
8.2° x 6.2° (75 mm lens)
Number of Cameras:
Controls up to 6 at a substation
via Junction box:
Fiber: LC connector type, Single mode 1310 nm fiber
40 to 60°C with optional enclosure heater
-40 to 75°C
26 kg (57 lbs)
220 VDC, 120 VAC, 230 VAC
Substation Asset Monitoring
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.