BoilerSpection SD Imaging System
Turn-Key Solution for Continuous Infrared Imaging inside Boilers and Furnaces
- Resilient and robust for harsh environments
- Measurement range: 500 to 1600°C (932 to 2912°F)
- Stainless steel constructions with air cooling and purge
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The BoilerSpection™ SD system provides continuous, real-time, through-flame imaging plus is resilient and robust enough to withstand the harshest conditions. BoilerSpection includes state-of-the-art optics, infrared cameras, an auto-retraction device, networking components, and software to control the entire system remotely. The LumaSpec RT software is a powerful tool for analysis and historical trending, outputs to automation and DCS, along with a real-time web server to broadcast images over the plant’s network. Additionally, Advanced Energy offers commission services, technical support and preventative maintenance for the lifetime of the system.
Increasing demand for efficiency, improved emissions and pressure to lower operating costs are the principal challenges faced by coal plant operators today. To solve these problems, plant operators need a view inside the boiler, furnace, or kiln. This insight would provide the necessary information to effectively and optimally manage operations. Advanced Energy, the global leader in light-based imaging for complex industrial applications has developed a turn-key solution for boiler and furnace applications.
Advanced Energy’s combination of unmatched infrared expertise and deep industrial experience results in the industry’s best through-flame image quality to help coal plant operators achieve necessary efficiencies, best manage emissions, and arrive at real cost savings.
- Capture lost boiler capacity by reducing cleaning frequencies
- Increase efficiency by improving heat transfer with precise knowledge of slag and ash buildup
- Lower maintenance costs by optimizing cleaning and identifying large deposits (clinkers) before they cause damage to boiler tubes
- Optimize fuel switching strategies by directly and accurately measuring ash rate and uniformity as fuel changes
- Manage combustion by tracking uniformity of ash deposits
- Infrared imaging camera with a cooled borescope lens
- Automatic retraction systems
- Mounting hardware
- Network software system integrated into the plants DCS
- Full-service field installation and maintenance
500 to 1600°C (932 to 2912°F)
Narrowband 3.9 µm
320 x 240 Uncooled Focal Plane Array VOx Microbolometer
Field of View (FOV):
50° H x 38° V
Stainless steel with air cooling and purge
Sapphire window tip with air purge shield
1.65” (42 mm)
1 to 8x using LumaSpec RT software
Number of Cameras:
Up to 24 to a single control room server
Field Switch Cabinet:
NEMA 4 / IP66 enclosure with Ethernet Switch
Connection to Control Room:
Fiber Optic Link, 50/125µm core/ cladding diameter multi-mode fiber, 850/1310nm wavelength
Up to 60°C (140°F)
30 lbs (13.5 kg)
IP66 with Integrated Vortex Air Cooling
Weld or bolt on mounting plates
110 to 240 VAC, two 15 AMP Lines to support six camera
All cabinets/panels are NEMA 4 / IP65
20-30 scfm at minimum 80 psi per camera
Monitoring Coal-Fired Boilers
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.