Single-Channel, Non-Contact, Infrared-Optical Pyrometer Utilizing Two-Color Ratio Measurement
Onyx-S2C features two-color ratio measurement for changing emissivity or view path obstruction conditions that often occur in demanding industrial manufacturing processes.
- Precise, repeatable, and reliable temperature measurement
- IP65 industrial protection for harsh environmental conditions
- Both analog and digital communications with optional Fieldbus protocols for closed-loop process control
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Onyx™-S2C is a two-color ratio, non-contact infrared optical temperature pyrometer that measures infrared energy being emitted from an object at two complementary wavelengths and converts these into usable temperature data (degrees °F or °C). Configure in a variety of measurement wavelengths based on target materials, required process temperatures, and working distances from 3.9 in (100 mm) to 118.1 in (3000 mm). The available temperature range is: 1112°F (600°C) to 2912°F (1600°C). Optional accessories include a water-cooling jacket, air-purge shower to protect against lens contamination, and mounting accessories.
- Provides precise temperature measurement, even under harsh operating conditions
- Integrates with a PLC/PAC for closed-loop control of critical thermal processes
- Improves product quality by precisely controlling temperatures that affect material properties
- Increases product throughput by increasing heat ramping efficiency and dwell times
- Decreases energy costs through more efficient energy use (fuel or electricity)
- Two-color ratio measurement, for changing emissivity or view path obstructions (such as smoke or steam)
- Precise measurement for moving, rotavating, or inaccessible work pieces, or when direct physical contact would damage the work product
- Integrated laser or optical alignment for easy installation and alignment
- Non-contact device, providing years of service without interruption, requiring minimal maintenance or re-calibration
- Optional Rockwell Automation® Add-on Profiles (AOPs), simplifying setup and commissioning using predefined tags
970 nm / 1070 nm
Single or two-color ratio measurement
±7.2°F (±4°C) or ±0.4% of measured reading, whichever is greater
< ±0.36°F (±0.2°C) or ±0.1% of reading (typical)
0.05 to 1.0
Up to 1000 Hz
0 to 10V, 4 to 20 mA, or 0 to 20 mA
RS-485, RS-232, USB 2.0, optional Fieldbus protocols (EthernetIP, Profibus, etc.)
+24 VDC LPS
6.9 in x 2.4 in dia. (174 mm x 60 mm dia.)
2 lbs (0.91 kg)
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
Within the U.S.:
800.446.9167 (option 2)
Outside the U.S.:
+1.970.221.0108 (option 2)