Single-Channel and -Wavelength, Non-Contact, Infrared-Optical Pyrometer with Configurable Range
The Onyx-S is a fixed-emissivity compensation pyrometer offering precise temperature measurement, even in harsh environment conditions.
- Configurable wavelength to accommodate varying material types and broad temperature range
- IP65 industrial protection for harsh environmental conditions
- Both analog and digital communication with optional Fieldbus protocols for closed-loop control
- Technical Specs
- Tech Docs
- Service & Support
The Onyx™-S is a single-channel, single-wavelength, non-contact infrared optical temperature pyrometer that measures infrared energy being emitted from an object and converts it into actionable temperature data (degrees °F or °C). The Onyx-S can be configured in a variety of measurement wavelengths based on target materials, required process temperatures, and working distances from 3.9 in (100 mm) to 118.1 in (3.0 m). Measurement wavelengths range from 600 nm to 1550 nm, with temperature ranges from 392°F (200°C) to 3992°F (2200°C). Optional accessories include a water-cooling jacket, air-purge shower to protect against lens contamination, and specialized mounting accessories.
- Provides precise temperature measurement, even under harsh operating conditions
- Integrates with a PLC/PAC for closed-loop control of critical thermal processes
- Improves product quality by precisely controlling temperatures that affect material properties
- Increases product throughput by improving heat ramping efficiency and dwell times
- Decreases energy costs through more efficient energy use (fuel or electricity)
- Configurable wavelengths and temperature range, based on unique application and material requirements
- Precise measurement for moving, rotavating, or inaccessible work pieces, or when direct physical contact would damage the work product
- Integrated laser or optical alignment for easy installation and alignment
- Non-contact device, providing years of service without interruption, requiring minimal maintenance or re-calibration
- Optional Rockwell Automation® Add-on Profiles (AOPs), simplifying setup and commissioning using predefined tags
±7.2°F (±4°C) or ±0.4% of measured reading, whichever is greater
0.05 to 1.0
0 to 10V, 4 to 20 mA, or 0 to 20 mA
RS-485, RS-232, USB 2.0, optional Fieldbus (Ethernet/IP, Profibus, etc.)
+24 VDC LPS
41 to 158°F (5 to 70°C)
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.