Multi-Channel, Non-Contact Optical Fiber Pyrometer Featuring Active-Emissivity Correction
The Onyx-MCE, featuring active-emissivity measurement and compensation, delivers precise temperature measurement in industrial processes where the material emissivity changes during processing.
- Configurable wavelength based on material type with broad temperature range
- Multi-channel measurement capabilities using remote optical sensors and fiber optic cables
- Both analog and digital communications with optional fieldbus protocols for closed-loop control
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Onyx™-MCE is a multi-channel, non-contact optical fiber temperature pyrometer. It measures infrared energy emitted from an object and converts this into usable temperature data (degrees °F or °C). During processing, take advantage of active-emissivity compensation. Precisely control temperature in response to a material’s change in emissivity. You can configure Onyx-MCE in a variety of measurement wavelengths based on target materials, required process temperatures, and working distances from 3.9 in (100 mm) to 17.7 in (450 mm). Use one or two measurement channels, with separate optical sensors connected by fiber optic cables.
- Provides precise temperature measurement, even under harsh operating conditions
- Automatic measurement and compensation for changing-emissivity conditions
- Integrates with PLC/PAC for closed-loop control of thermal processes
- Improves product quality by precisely controlling temperatures that affect critical material properties
- Increases product throughput by increasing heat ramping efficiency and dwell times
- Decreases energy costs by more efficiently controlling energy use (fuel or electricity)
- Active emissivity measurement and compensation
- Configurable wavelengths and temperature range to measure unique application and material requirements
- Small, remote optical sensor and fiber optic cables for easier integration into enclosed spaces
- Precise measurement for moving, rotavating, or inaccessible work pieces, or when direct physical contact would damage the work product
- Non-contact device, providing years of service without interruption, requiring minimal maintenance or re-calibration
Active-Emissivity Reflectance Source Wavelength
1112 to 2912°F (600 to 1600°C)
Fixed or active-emissivity compensation
< ±0.18°F (±0.1°C)
0.03 to 1.0
Up to 500 Hz (active emissivity mode)
0 to 10 V, or 0 to 20 mA
6-key keypad use for display control and manual parameter entry
Alphanumeric 20-character x 4-line backlit display
4.4 lbs (2.0 kg)
3.9 in (H) x 6.0 in (W) x 8.6 in (D); 86 mm (H) x 152 mm (W) x 218 mm (D)
External AC to +24 VDC power supply, or customer supplied +24V
59 to 104°F (15 to 40°C)
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.