Multi-Channel, Non-Contact Optical Fiber Pyrometer with Fixed-Emissivity Correction
Onyx-MC delivers measurement precision, repeatability, and reliability even in harsh environmental conditions, enabling closed-loop process control in demanding and space-constrained applications.
- Wavelength configurable for varying material types broad temperature range
- Multi-channel measurement capabilities using remote optical sensors and fiber optic cables
- Both analog and digital communications, with optional Fieldbus protocols for closed-loop control
- Technical Specs
- Tech Docs
- Service & Support
The Onyx™-MC is a multi-channel, non-contact optical fiber temperature pyrometer. It measures infrared energy being emitted from an object and converts this into usable temperature data (degrees °F or °C) for process control in industrial manufacturing. The Onyx-MC can be configured in a variety of measurement wavelengths based on target materials, required process temperatures, and working distances spanning from 3.9 in (100 mm) to 118.1 in (3000 mm). Use up to four independent measurement channels, with separate optical sensors connected by fiber optic cables.
- Provides precise temperature measurement, even under harsh operating conditions
- Integrates with PLC/PAC for closed-loop control of critical thermal processes
- Improves product quality by precisely controlling temperatures that affect material properties
- Increases product throughput by increasing heat ramping efficiency and dwell times
- Decreases energy costs by controlling energy use (fuel or electricity)
- Available temperature ranges are: 1112°F (600°C) to 2912°F (1600°C)
- Configurable wavelengths and temperature range, based on application and material requirements
- Small, remote optical sensor and fiber optic cables for easier integration into enclosed spaces
- Precise measurement for moving, rotating, or inaccessible work pieces, or when direct physical contact would damage the work product
- Non-contact device, providing years of service without interruption and requiring minimal maintenance or re-calibration
700, 800, 950, 1470, and 1550 nm (configurable)
< ±0.18°F (±0.1°C)
0.03 to 1.0
59 to 104°F (15 to 40°C)
Up to 2000 Hz (single-channel)
External AC to +24 VDC power supply, or customer supplied +24 V
0 to 10 V, or 0 to 20 mA
6-key keypad use for display control and manual parameter entry
Alphanumeric 20-character x 4-line backlit display
3.9 in (H) x 6 in (W) x 8.6 in (D); 86 mm (H) x 152 mm (W) x 218 mm (D)
4.4 lbs (2 kg)
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.