Temperature Measurement Products
Effective Fiber Optic Hot Spot Monitor and Controller for Power Transformers
Advanced Energy's Luxtron ThermAsset2 is designed to measure transformer winding hot spots in real time and activate control of the cooling system.
- Choice of two, four, six, or eight channels
- Direct, accurate, and real-time transformer winding hot spot and temperature monitoring
- Programmable setpoints and relays with individual LED alarm indicators
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Luxtron® ThermAsset2 controller is designed to measure transformer winding hot spots in real time and activate control of the cooling system. This allows for optimum operation of the transformer at safe load capacity during overload conditions.
The ThermAsset2 controller offers many of the reliable and proven features considered the standard for fiber optic temperature measurement of transformer windings in the power utility industry. The same-patented Fluoroptic® thermometer (FOT) technology is employed using a lifetime LED light source to activate the sensors. The ThermAsset2 utilizes Luxtron ruggedized probes, the toughest in the industry, which require no calibration over the life time of the transformer.
- Protect against overloading
- Activate cooling systems using actual winding hot spot temperatures
- Utilize drift-free, calibration-free industry-leading ruggedized probes
- Retain up to 300 days of data at 1-minute intervals on all channels
- Leverage alarm status indicators for up to six customer-specific relay functions
- Probes based on Fluoroptic technology which is immune to electromagnetic interference and high voltage
- Direct, real-time, and accurate measurement of transformer winding
- Probes require no calibration over the life time of the transformer
- Available with up to 8 channels
- Optional tank wall adapter plate with feedthroughs
2, 4, 6, or 8
-30 to 200°C (-22 to 392°F)
All ring-lug terminals
Accepts all Luxtron Quality and DipTip rugged probes
LED Alarm Indicators
One for each relay
System Fault Status Indicator
2 LEDs: green = OK, red = faulty condition
Operating Temperature Range
-40 to 70°C (-40 to 158°F)
Storage Temperature Range
-30 to 75°C (-22 to 167°F)
RS232 and RS485
Modbus and DNP3 options available
Number of Relays
6 form-C programmable cooling control and alarm setpoints either factory programmed or via RS232 and RS482 from computer
Temperature Data Storage
Retains 300 days of data at 1 minute intervals on all channels and maximum temperature for each channel retained until reset by user
Front Panel Display
Large 1" LED for each channel
Probe Signal Strength Readout
Single push button accessible for all channels
Universal AC/DC (90-265 VAC/DC)
4 to 20 mA or 0 to 1 mA
3000V (IEEE C37.90.1-1989)
- Winding hot spot monitoring
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Documents & SupportView All Luxtron ThermAsset2 Accessories
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.