Plasma Power Generators
Multi-Output Power System for Multi-Chamber Power Delivery in Solar PV Manufacturing
The Ascent MS supports up to five independent chambers of PERC PECVD deposition processes in a single unit. This optimizes power delivery, enables independent programming, and simplifies deposition machine design to help you lower capital costs and increase reliability.
- Single power system per five PERC PECVD chambers
- Independent process parameters per chamber
- Simplified machine infrastructure for lower cost and higher reliability
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Ascent® MS is a multi-output power supply system designed to support PERC PECVD processes in the production of PV solar cells. Supporting up to five independent chambers in a single unit, the Ascent MS allows solar PV equipment manufacturers to develop cost-effective systems. Benefit from less electrical and mechanical infrastructure requirements than with other comparable solutions. With quick-connect power I/O and minimized interconnections, the power supply system optimizes power delivery while enabling faster coater installation, higher reliability, and lower costs per coater. Designed to specifically meet today’s solar PV market needs, the Ascent MS can enable the lowest system and infrastructure costs in the industry.
- Fast track coater installation with modular power connectors, reduced interconnections, and simplified infrastructure
- Develop cost-effective systems with less required electrical and mechanical infrastructure requirements
- Achieve higher reliability in PERC PECVD deposition processes
- Simplify deposition machine design with a single unit supporting up to five independent chambers
- Single point of communication, water, I/O, and AC power input for up to five chambers
- Independent ON/OFF times, arc parameters, and setpoints for each output
- Up to five outputs per power system
- Individually enabled outputs
- Modular power connectors
Ascent MS15: 15 kW
Ascent MS20: 20 kW
Ascent MS30: 30 kW
2 to 5
Power Pulse Times
Ton: 1 to 10 ms
Toff: 50 to 1000 ms
Power Pulse Duty Cycle
Up to 10%
Profibus, RS-232, Ethernet, EtherCAT
Water / Air
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.