Compact Charged Plate Monitor for Evaluating Air Ionization System Performance
Advanced Energy’s Trek 158A charged plate monitor evaluates the performance of ionization systems with a compact design for superior data collection and storage capability.
- Monitored Voltage Range: 0 to ±1100 VDC or peak AC
- Bandwidth (-3dB) : DC to 80 Hz
- Decay Mode Thresholds: Programmable from 1 to ±1000 V in 1V increments
- Technical Specs
- Service & Support
The Trek® 158A charged plate monitor is the premier instrument to evaluate the performance of air ionization systems. It features a user-friendly large 7-inch screen that is active through either touch-screen control or corresponding function keys. The data is displayed in color and may be stored internally or can be easily transferred to a USB flash drive or another USB device. A charged plate assembly is required and is sold separately (6-inch charged-plate shown).
- Use either the 7 in touch screen or function keys for control
- Program start and stop voltage for + and - decay time ionizer tests
- Realize more than six hours of continuous operation with the battery-operated instrument
- Use the PC memory card port for ample data storage and easy data transfer
- User-friendly compact design with superior data collection and storage capability
- 0.1 V plate voltage resolution
- Compliance to IEC 61340-5-1 and ANSI/ESD STM3.1
- NIST-traceable Certificate of Calibration provided with each unit
Select specifications are shown below. Please see product data sheet for additional specifications.
Monitored Voltage Range
0 to ±1100 V DC or peak AC
Bandwidth (-3 dB)
DC to 80 Hz
Decay Mode Thresholds
Programmable from 1 to ±1000 V in 1 V increments
Voltage Monitor Output
A BNC proving and low voltage replica of the plate voltage
1/200th of the plate voltage
Better than 0.1% of full-scale
H x W x D
53 x 226 x 187 mm ( 2.1 x 8.9 x 7.4 in)
2.2 kg (4.9 lb)
5 to 35°C (41 to 95°F)
To 80%, non-condensing
- Performance evaluation of air ionization systems
- ESD test equipment
- ESD audit equipment
- Material dissipation testing
- Site-specific contacting voltage measurement
- Static charge monitoring
- Voltage measurement of floor materials and footwear in combination with a person (ANSI ESD STM97.2 and IEC 61340-4-5)
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Not all options and accessories are available for all models and configurations. Dimensions listed generally refer to standard configurations and module bodies only. Please confirm technical specifications and customizations with a sales representative. Advanced Energy is not responsible for errors or omissions.
Documents & SupportView All Trek 158A Accessories
Global Support & Services
Maximize fab productivity and capital equipment ROI with world-class support through each product lifecycle stage — from startup to long-term operation. Our service offerings are based on more than three decades of precision power and applications expertise.
Applications Support & Consulting
Accelerate tool installations and process development programs, or address specific applications concerns with Advanced Energy's dedicated applications consultants and engineering staff. Benefit from on-site reviews, analyses, and consultations.
Decrease variability in maintenance costs and provide additional cost protection. Advanced Energy offers whole-box extended warranties.
U.S.: +1 800 446 9167
Asia: +86 29 8874 1895
China: 400 8899 130
EMEA: +44 800 032 1546
U.K.: 08000 321 546
Thin Film Support
Thermal Product Support
Other Technical Support
Find an AE Representative or Distributor
To find distributors and representatives who sell AE products in your area, select your location and vendor type (optional).